Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Neon Fox

Alicia, who really portraits herself in her blog-Neon Fox. This is where her journey start! A 18 year old college student majoring in fashion merchandising has her own opinion with fashion and style. Here, we have an original neon fox! 

Tell me about yourself.
I will try to do this as briefly as possible. First off my name is Alicia and it's pronounced ah-lee-cee-ah. I'm 18 and currently in my first year at the Fashion Institute of Technology, majoring in fashion merchandising. I'm was born but not raised in Brooklyn, NY and after high school I moved here for college. Um, I can speak gibberish-if that counts-haha. Oh and for some culture background, I am Trinidadian and Cuban.
How would you describe your style?
My style changes daily. Sometimes it's based on mood or whatever I have that's clean that I can throw together, haha.

How did Neon Fox start?
I must say starting Neon Fox was not easy at all. I think I renamed it way too many times until I reached satisfaction. Basically I was inspired by other blogs that I read daily. Fashion Toast was a huge inspiration for me to start a personal style/interest blog. I guess I kinda wanted something I can call me own and blog about what I love-that is fashion and style of course.
What do you hope to achieve with Neon Fox?
I hope to achieve better writing skills definitely. I hope that someone will possibly find me inspiring like I find other bloggers inspiring. Meeting new people in the blogosphere would be cool as well. I mean I don't expect to achieve a whole lot, it's just a hobby for now.

Who usually take your pictures?
Myself. If only I had a personal photographer.
What camera are you using for the pictures?
A really beat up regular digital camera. Panasonic Lumix DMC-F3 to be exact. Hopefully soon I can get something better.

Few things you really love about the place you live.
I love the variety of cultures in Brooklyn. The thrift stores are the coolest. And the food here is soooo good. 

Your favorite saying/quote?
“Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening.” -Coco Chanel
Which is your favorite fashion designer at this moment, why?
I don't have a particular favorite fashion designer, because they're all so great at what they do and truly inspiring.

What are your personal favorite blogs, why?
Fashion Toast is my all time favorite. It was the first blog I visited when I learned about style and fashion blogs.
Love Aesthetics is a really cool blog. I love minimalism and Ivania's blog is the perfect example.
What do you do when you're not blogging?
Shopping. Eating. Sleeping. Partying. Working. Learning. I think that narrows it down, haha.

Any advice for anyone who wants to start her/his own blog?
I'm no expert on blogging but starting a blog isn't easy. Commitment is really important. Posting
everyday isn't necessary either. And your blog is a reflection of you, say what you want and feel not everyone has to like it.

3 comments: